This is just my little place to complain, to express my thoughts, and to sometimes put up little things about my life that I may feel like sharing. I'm fairly opinonated at times, and my opinions have offened people in the past, and I know they will in the future. If you are offended easily, please, feel free to go somewere else! Simple fact of the matter is, I may offend you with my thoughts, and you may offend me with yours. If you can't deal with it, I don't really care.

04 February 2010

Anti-gun TV

Last night my wife was watching one of the shows that she likes on TV, in it there is an "anti-gun" character that decides that she needs a gun for protection, so she has another woman (who is supposedly knowledgeable about firearms) take her to get one. They break the law in the purchase, then they go to the firing range. The so called gun expert is teaching her how to shoot, and telling her to dehumanize the target, ie. don't think of him as a person, it's just an inanimate object that's trying to kill you, and you never shoot to wound, you ALWAYS SHOOT TO KILL!

First off, I'm not saying that you should think of your target as an inanimate object, but I'm also not saying that you should think of everyone that will miss the sorry piece of shit that you're about to kill. Simple fact of the matter is that once you've decided to kill me, you have forfeited any right to your own life that you ever had. After I shoot you, whether the trauma surgeons can save you or not, I'm going to sue your family for raising such a fine little piece of shit that I had to shoot it before it could shoot me. If it's down to you or me, it's you!

Secondly, it's true that you never shoot someone to wound them, but at the same time you never shoot to kill either. You are shooting to STOP THE ATTACK, that simple, when you go to shoot someone you don't aim for their leg to try to wound them, what of you miss and the bullet hits someone that you care about or an innocent person that happens to be behind your target. Imagine how shitty you'll feel then! You shoot center mass, that's the big part of the body, the part that you're most like to actually hit.

Sorry, but it just pisses me off how every time an anti gun writer does anything for a TV show they are out to make everyone that owns a gun out to be a blood thirsty lunatic. I'll put it very simple for ya, I've owned guns for years, and fortunately, I've never had to draw my gun or shoot someone, that doesn't mean that I won't be ready if and when that time comes that I have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment