This is just my little place to complain, to express my thoughts, and to sometimes put up little things about my life that I may feel like sharing. I'm fairly opinonated at times, and my opinions have offened people in the past, and I know they will in the future. If you are offended easily, please, feel free to go somewere else! Simple fact of the matter is, I may offend you with my thoughts, and you may offend me with yours. If you can't deal with it, I don't really care.

18 February 2010

Supreme Court

They're saying that 80% of Americans think that the Supreme Court got a decision wrong. The ruling in question is where Corporations, Unions, or anyone else can put as much money towards political advertising that they want. Well, simple fact of the matter is that there are already organizations like the move on fucks that are already dumping tons of cash into elections against just about any republican that runs. Simple fact of the matter is most people, about 80% in fact seem to be forgetting something...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Considering that everything else that is said is considered to be "protected speech" how is it that political advertising isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment