This is just my little place to complain, to express my thoughts, and to sometimes put up little things about my life that I may feel like sharing. I'm fairly opinonated at times, and my opinions have offened people in the past, and I know they will in the future. If you are offended easily, please, feel free to go somewere else! Simple fact of the matter is, I may offend you with my thoughts, and you may offend me with yours. If you can't deal with it, I don't really care.

14 July 2013

They Trayvon Martin shooting and the aftermath.


It's amazing that I haven't written anything about this until now but since the verdict last night and the aftermath that has followed I feel compelled too.
This case has divided the United States of America more than anything in recent memory, it's not just racial tension, but that has a big part to do with it. I've seen more "what ifs" when it comes to this case than I would have ever imagined too.
People are still saying that George Zimmerman should have obeyed the 911 dispatcher and not gotten out of his car. When he got out to see where the person that he was calling about went he didn't disobey a lawful order, he was simply sick and tired of the crime that was happening in his neighborhood. It didn't matter what race/sex/gender/social standing this person was, he took his actions as being suspicious. Do we know who the aggressor was? We never will know that, only Zimmerman knows exactly who the aggressor was but we do know that he waived his Miranda rights and told the police numerous times his side of the story. Think about the people that you know, when they're telling a story to someone else when you where there. Does it always match 100% with what you remember? Does the story vary slightly every time they tell it? Does the basic core concept stay the same? And most importantly, if they remember things a little different than you, and just because it varies a little, does it mean that they're lying? There where no cameras facing the area out there so there is no possible way to know exactly what happened 100% of the time.
I keep seeing Trayvon called a "child" or a "boy", and that is starting to get on my nerves, we all know what happens when you call a black kid "boy" and it's never a good thing so we'll just call it what it is, pandering to the progressive movement that is overly sensitive to anything. Trayvon Martin was 5'11" tall and 158lbs when he died, that's no little kid, that's a full sized person, and pretty close to my size.
The simple fact of the matter is that Trayvon Martin decided to play with the big boys, he decided to teach a "creepy ass cracker" a lesson about getting into his business and watching him. If Trayvon had never decided to beat George Zimmerman's head into the concrete sidewalk, he would be alive today to grow up and become a burden on society, that's the direction he was heading in.

No comments:

Post a Comment