This is just my little place to complain, to express my thoughts, and to sometimes put up little things about my life that I may feel like sharing. I'm fairly opinonated at times, and my opinions have offened people in the past, and I know they will in the future. If you are offended easily, please, feel free to go somewere else! Simple fact of the matter is, I may offend you with my thoughts, and you may offend me with yours. If you can't deal with it, I don't really care.

19 January 2010

I got this emailed to me today and thought that I'd post it here because it's so very true. The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of it's releases.

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

A billion dollars ago was only

8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D) asked Congress for 250 BILLION DOLLARS to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number...what does it mean?
 
If you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, and child) you each get $516,528.
Or... if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.
 
Or... if you are a family of four... your family gets $2,066,012.
 
Now, can you really think of anything that is that important that we should be spending that kind of money per capita in this country? It's time for a balaced budget, I don't give a shit what party is in office, like I said before, it's time to kick the bums out.

No comments:

Post a Comment